Wednesday, December 27, 2006

4.33mi - 31'21"

Funny thing is that I haven't run for awhile. (again. I know, I know.) I started out and it felt soooo good. I started running a little faster and my entire body felt like it was just made to glide over the sidewalk. My breathing was coming easily and my legs flitted back and forth snicker-snack.

That lasted about 100 meters.

Holy poop I got tired. Muscles tightened, breath wheezed, legs pulled forward through mobile tubs of molasses. It got a little better as I ran through the shock of it all, but still. Yeesh.

On the plus side I took a hint from Jayfish and listened to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, which now comes in handy, easy to swallow podcast form (it's on iTunes too, if you like it that way), while I ran. I'm sure the other folks on the sidewalks were wondering why I was laughing out loud as I ran by them. They probably just thought I was a cruel punk mocking their slowness. I'm sure they'll trip me next time.

No comments: