Thursday, December 28, 2006

Digital Decadance

Well, there was a whole lot less work going on today and a whole lot more retail therapy. Oh, online shopping, how you seduce me with your reaching out to my laziness with your free shipping and random things I never knew I needed.

There were gift cards received this holiday, and I'm giddily shopping from the comfort of my home wearing much less than would be socially acceptable were I to be wandering around the brick and mortar stores, and that's a beautiful thing.

One thing that I did get out to shop for was a decent beginner's cookbook. Pretty much all I've got in my cooking toolbox are the bachelor specials, you know - omelets, chili, tacos, pasta, etc... So I did get out and hit the bookstore to find something that I hope will help. I'll blog it if anything I cook is notable in success or failure.

Also discovered while out today - Pear Cider. Oh, yum. Why is it so hard to find ciders here?

5 comments:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Mmm, yes. Pear cider is yummy!

zerodoll said...

so what cookbook did you get? everyone should have a copy of the "joy of cooking" if only for reference. if you skew veg, try moosewood.

zerodoll said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jayfish said...

tell us what you bought!

jayfish said...

i hate the new blogger....