Friday, July 29, 2005

Best in Show

The final project display for the photography class happened today, and I think it went ok (no, you can't see the pictures. There were people and places in them that ought not to be spread about). The big plus is that class is done. Over.

This is nice because I can now turn full time to looking for a place to live and getting ready for the whirlwind tour. I did finally get confirmation. I'm leaving on August 11th!

I suppose this is precisely why I am feeling very very very laaaazy. I usually reward myself after difficult or unpleasant tasks, and while the photography class was neither, I feel like I want a reward.

So, why do all the movies look awful? I have to admit I'm tempted to go see Stealth, because it looks so bad. I mean, if you are hovering at 10% at Rotten Tomatoes, that's got to be an awful movie. Even better than that, Newsday's reviewer said:

After 110 minutes of this, atheists will storm monasteries and acrophobics will scale redwood trees, anything to find an oasis of calm.
That's great, right? Here's another one from Eric Snider:

I submit that when your movie is about a magical talking airplane, and yet the magical talking airplane is NOT the silliest thing about the movie, then you should not make any more movies.

Ok, I'm not going to go see it. Maybe I'll just get a good night's sleep. That's a reward, right?

2 comments:

jayfish said...

you need a theater that plays better movies...

Overread said...

you ain't kidding...