Wednesday, September 14, 2005

More Rambling on Application Joy

I can’t imagine the thrill that the admissions committees will feel at combing my transcript from a university I attended in 1991 for relevance.  Because let me tell you, it’s a great joy to go back and try to figure my GPA in my major from back then too…

“Hmm…  He got a less than spectacular grade in freshman Geology in ’91… perhaps let’s not admit him…”

Being on an admissions committee has got to suck the brain out of a skull, right?  Statements of Purpose are all well and good, but how can you really know what you’re dealing with?  I guess the main weight has to go with recommendations from academics you know and trust…

Remind me to butter up my recommenders…  Hmm… cookies?  Flattery?  Actually doing good work and research? Nah – that can’t be it…

No comments: