Saturday, September 17, 2005

Practice Makes Perfect

The rehearsal for the wedding I’m shooting was today.  The ceremony is tomorrow.  I’m actually not sure what we can legally call it, since it’s two women getting married, and that’s still not legal here.  Unfortunately, one family isn’t coming to the ceremony because they don’t approve.  I just can’t fathom that.  

It’s fun to see people that I deal with at the university reduced to quivering masses of love and nerves in public.  They wrote their own vows, and from the way they reacted while reading them today, it may be the first time that they’ve really publicly talked about how they feel.  Very sweet.

The ceremony is in a gorgeous park with views of everything beautiful in our neighborhood.  There’s a little earthen stage with a tree growing from it.  There are flowers and butterflies and birds everywhere.  

They’re two wonderful people who really love each other.  I hope that I can do justice to the ceremony with my photographs.

No comments: