Monday, June 06, 2005

Ain't Nobody Gonna Break-a My Stride

5k – 27:25

Not too bad. I think letting myself be lazy last Friday wasn’t the best idea as far as keeping my speed up goes, but hey! It felt good, and I have no regrets. Today was really warm and humid too, that always slows me down a lot. My graph shows that I was actually a little faster on the uphill areas, but I was slower on the long, flat stretches. I don’t really know what that means, but I love the fact that my watch tells me all this. I’m such a geek.

I'm probably going to run out of running-song allusions pretty quickly, aren't I?

6 comments:

jayfish said...

so you think you'll be... running on empty then?

Overread said...

I would reply with a witty song quote about running, but I must hoarde them for later running posts.

And I can't think of any right now anyway.

So there.

BrightStar (B*) said...

ooo! I audio-blogged myself sort of singing that song back in the days of the old blog.

Overread said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Overread said...

Loverly singing voice :)

Oh, take comfort in knowing that you aren't the only one who does that. I was once on a road trip with a certain Fish where every other comment led to a song. It was no fair that he knows waaay more songs than I do. I can take him on showtunes, but he kills me if we get into 80's pop.

BrightStar (B*) said...

thanks! awesome about the show tunes. I'm not so up on those... 80's pop more my style. Debbie Gibson, especially. (oh, she's DEBORAH now, right? and I think she's more into show tunes now than pop...)