Sunday, June 05, 2005

Lovely stuff in the New York Times.

First up is a very interesting study of class in the US. I’ve always been interested in this because most Americans tend to avoid class concepts. It’s also funny to me that on their chart I rank very high for education and very low for salary. Not surprising or anything, but funny. I also like the income mobility charts.

Next up is an apparently new column by the authors of Freakonomics, which I haven’t read yet, but sits patiently on my bookshelf. As I haven’t read it, I’ll leave others to explain it. The column in the Times is about a researcher who is trying to discover if capuchin monkeys can learn to use money.

Five points to anyone who immediately assumed that prostitution would follow soon after.

There are also a couple of videos and extra material here.

No comments: