Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Another Fine Mess I’ve Gotten Me Into

I really must be a masochist. I guess all I need is to perfect the sadism part and I’ll they’ll give me a PhD and put me on the tenure track, right?

A professor I hadn’t dealt with before has discovered that I have done a certain kind of technical work in the past, and so she cornered me and asked if I would be around this summer.

Umm, sure…

So, she’s putting together an article, but wants some help on such and such a part. It’s nowhere near my field now, but I really enjoy it, so I agree to help her out on a small section, and if she likes my work then it will lead to more (paying!) projects for the article.

Yea!

Didn’t I just explain that I was going to be horrifically busy this summer?

Why, yes. Yes, I did.

And now I’m adding another task(s) on top of all that?

Yes, Yes, I am.

Am I smoking crack?

Quite possibly.

Stay turned to Overread to witness the mental breakdown of your host! Same Overread-time, same Overread-channel!

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

you could sell some of that crack in order to make even more extra cash on the side... i'm just sayin'...

Stewgad said...

I hope you're getting paid by aforementioned professor for this "help." Or maybe she's going to help you out with that crack habit thing you've got going.

Good luck juggling all your stuff!

Overread said...

Well, there was some mention that the money that it took to ship me over here would be paid off if I worked for nine years. That's kind of her, right?