Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Girl, You Really Got Me Running

6.3 km 34:51

ick.

There was also a discarded thong near the running trail. It looked a little worse for wear.

double ick.

Lessons learned:

  1. Good songs to run to
    1. Gotta Get Up From Here (good steady beat)
    2. Bad Moon Rising (a bit slow but steady)
    3. Don't Fear the Reaper (hmm, this was a bit slow too, maybe that explains my time. Also, did they really need that uumlaat over the 'O' in Blue Oyster Cult?)
    4. Tubthumping ('I get knocked down, but I get up again' - good thought for running. I didn't get knocked down though. Almost got pegged by a bird, butI don't think that counts.)
    5. Graceland (good beat for a running pace)
    6. You're The One That I Want & Hand Jive (upbeat, cheerful, plus, did you know that Olivia Newton-John had to be sewn into those leather pants at the end of the movie? This was in the land before spandex. That knowledge doesn't help me run faster, but it is a good ponderable. Personally, I thought she was more attractive before the end of the movie, but hey, what do I know?)
  2. Bad songs to run to
    1. Oh L'Amour (Great song. Too slow.)
    2. Razzle Dazzle (See above - oddly enough 'We Both Reached For The Gun,' which the Jayfish claimed he used to be able to sing, works a little better as a run song, but only if you don't try to sing it while you run
I leave you with the lyrical genius of Billy Idol and my personal reaction: "What the Hell?"

Here she comes now sayin' Mony Mony

Shoot 'em down turn around come on Mony

Hey she give me love and I feel all right now

Come on you gotta toss and turn

And feel all right, yeah I feel all right

I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

'Cause you make me feel,So good, so good, so good

So fine, so fine, It's all mine, well I feel all right

I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Well you could shake it Mony Mony

Shot gun dead and I'll come on home yeah

Don't stop cookin' 'cause I feel all right now

Don't stop now come on Mony

Come on yeah, I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

'Cause you make me feel

So good, so good, Well I feel all right

You're so fine, you're so fine, You're, and I feel all right

I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

I love you Mony mo-mo-mony

I love you Mony mo-mo-mony said I do.......

I said Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Come on, come on!!

Feel all right, I said yeah, yeah, yeah

Wake it, shake it Mony Mony

Up, down, turn around, come on mony

Hey she give me love and I feel all right now

Don't stop now come on Mony

Come on, I said yeah, yeah, yeah,

yeah, yeah

'Cause you make me feel,So good, so good, so good

Feel all right, all right, Well I feel all right

I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Ride your pony, ride your pony

Ride your pony come on, come on

Mony Mony

Feel all right, I said yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

3 comments:

BrightStar (B*) said...

mony mony = weirdness

oh l'amour = groovy little tune. If I had to choose between listening to that song and running, I'd pick listening.

jayfish said...

sniff sniff... broke my heart now i'm achin' for you.

damn my teenage years!

overread, i'll work on a good list of "running" songs for you.

Overread said...

oh, I'm happy to hear other people are fans of that song! Well, I knew jayfish was... :)