Thursday, June 30, 2005

My Pupils Are As Fat As My Pupils

Ugh. I completely forgot the joys of getting my eyes dilated. I can’t focus on anything closer that arm’s length. There goes working for the rest of today. Nice excuse to have if you can get it though.

Another thing. I like friendly and enthusiastic people, but I think the optometrist I saw used up his daily quota of ‘excellent’s, ‘wonderful’s and ‘that’s great’s within the first 5 or ten minutes of the exam.

Honestly, I am happy that he is happy that my glasses still seem to work ok, but I’m not so sure that the news warrants a ‘wonderful!’ I worry that when something really good happens in this guy’s life that he won’t have any words to describe it. When he sees his children for the first time, can he feel comfortable using the same words as he used when he applauded his patient’s choice of study? Nice enough guy and all, but… yikes…

On the plus side, I got some of those cool wrap-on sunglasses.


4 comments:

jayfish said...

did you leave the place saying "i'll be back" ?

Overread said...

oooo... I should have! except I don't really want to go back...

BrightStar (B*) said...

how can you type a blog entry with pupils all big and wide?

It's WONDERFUL that you could still blog with pupils like that! Excellent! LOL.

RussianViolets said...

I had that done a month ago, and my doctor didn't have the "come back" drops because they are too expensive. Pardon me? He's a f*cking doctor!!! Grrrrr...