Thursday, October 13, 2005

Beware of Flying Bullet Points

Random Notes:

  • Oh, the tummy did not appreciate the burrito this afternoon. Not. One. Bit. Either that or there’s a new prong to the odd bug that’s been going around.

  • Tomorrow is a (thank goodness) light day, so I’ll probably only be working 10 hours – then there’s a photo gig tomorrow night, too :) That means I can relax a bit more tonight. I’ve always been a firm believer in the curative power of sleep and rest. And chocolate.

  • Students are turning in their first paper to me on Tuesday (at least they better be). I’m really happy – it seems that some have clued up nicely. I’ve already gotten a handful of people asking good questions. I’ve also gotten a few emails of the when-I-get-a-bad-grade-I'll-point-to-this-email-as-proof-I-was-working-hard variety, but that’s cool too. At least there are some folks out there thinking. I also got a student asking me my opinion on the pros and cons of adding a minor. He actually said word to the effect of: I trust you more than my advisor, because I know you’ll tell me the truth. Wow. Sad thing is that he was asking about a department I don’t know a whole lot about, but wow. Cool, yeah?

  • Greek Group Groks Pimping Pinup Posters: Flesh Feeds Funds.

And as for yesterday, Everyone did well, but Stewgad almost had #4. However, as we all know, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, so if you please, sing along:

What'll you do when you get lonelyAnd nobody's waiting by your side?You've been running and hiding much too long.You know it's just your foolish pride.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayla!

By the wife-stealer Mr. Clapton

Oooo I bet you’re all sad now! hehehe

1 comment:

RussianViolets said...

I love the student e-mails of that ilk. Good grief!