Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Tired on the Me Goes Round and Round

Long long day. I really should dive into some data cleaning, but I’m just drained. I need to eat. I’m going to pick up some hummus and maybe some veggies. I’ve got pita at home. It’s funny – the other folks in the house always wonder where their roommate is. I’M AT THE OFFICE or the café, anyway.

Adding to the long day, the students didn’t read the readings. I shouldn’t be surprised I guess, but seeing as how the entire discussion hinges on discussing the readings for some reason, I thought they might do at least some of it. My mistake. Reading quizzes will now rain from on high. Because what I really need is more work. Building quizzes. Grading quizzes.

I did get a cool toy in the mail today, but it’s field related, so you don’t get to know. I’m just as bad with package tracking as I am with statcounter. I’ve got another amazon giftie heading my way and I’m watching the friendly UPS page that tells the tail of a lovely box as it journeys across the world to find its home. It’s kinda like The Odyssey, but shorter. And there are fewer Sirens. I hope. Although that would be cool.

In the box are two movies. The thing is that I don’t buy movies. Or music for that matter. I broke down though. I need to pull my head out of grad-land, so I take pictures. I go to the movies. I need to do more of that kind of stuff so I don’t burn out. Burning out is bad. Bad like crossing the streams bad. (2 points for the reference)

1 comment:

Stewgad said...

Ghostbusters! And, definitely, crossing the streams is BAD, bad bad.

I hope sleep, hummus, arrival of new toys, and movies made things better.