Wednesday, October 12, 2005

High on LIFE. (Not the Cereal, nor the Board Game)

After reading the last post, I should mention that I’m not drunk. I don’t do any drugs, I’m just really tired.

Ok.

I’m going home.

Here’s music:

#1 Super tough extra points

And Every time I wonder where the world went wrong,
End up lying on my face going ringy dingy ding dong
And every time I wonder if the world is right,
End up in some disco dancin' all night & day.
Johnny played guitar, Jenny played bass,
Name of the band is The Human Race.
Everybody tell me have you heard?

#2 Much Easier – and a clue to #1

We can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind
'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance
Well they're no friends of mine

#3 Curiously hard

I walked along the avenue.
I never thought I'd meet a girl like you;
Meet a girl like you.
With auburn hair and tawny eyes;
The kind of eyes that hypnotize me through;
Hypnotize me through.

#4 difficult, but not impossible

What'll you do when you get lonely
And nobody's waiting by your side?
You've been running and hiding much too long.
You know it's just your foolish pride.

#5 Moderate, but someone better get it :)

I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me

4 comments:

Stewgad said...

#2 - Safety Dance, Men Without Hats
#5 - Lola - the Kinks

(I got the two easy ones...)

And I KNOW I know #4 -- but the irritatingly mediocre hits from the '70s that the bagel shop is playing keep intruding on that slippery little mind-tune that is trying to emerge around it.

(Which I just googled because I couldn't stand it. DOH! Of Course!!!)

jayfish said...

#1 pop goes the world - men without hats
#3 i ran - flock of seagulls

i'm with stewgad, i'm sure i know #4. but i shant google.

RussianViolets said...

Damn! I knew # 1, too. Alas, always too late.

Overread said...

I can't believe that you guys were all over Pop Goes the World! Very very impressive!

Only one left is #4. Now you guys should know by now that I've got a classic rock thing... Surely someone can get it :)