Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Songs Sung Blue

I can't say that this one is harder for sure, but it might be a bit weirder. (Bonus points for the title reference)

#1

Oh - thinking about all our younger years
There was only you and me
We were young and wild and free

#2 – one of the best band names ever

Let them say we're crazy, what do they know?
Put your hands in my hand baby, don't ever let go
Let the world around us just fall apart
Baby we can make it if we're heart to heart

#3

The sun goes down, the night rolls in
You can feel it starting all over again
The moon comes up and the music calls
You're getting tired of staring at the same four walls

#4

I keep looking for something I can't get
Broken hearts lie all around me
And I don't see an easy way to get out of this

#5

I poured it on and I poured it out
I tried to show you just how much I care
I’m tired of words and I’m too hoarse to shout

#6

It takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile
Be yourself no matter what they say

#7 – One of the best songs the Fish gave me

And in my room against the wall
there is picture very small
a photograph I took some years ago
it shows a picture of the room I know

#8 – I don’t cry listening to this song. I’ve just got something in my eye.

Give me these moments back.
Give them back to me.
Give me that little kiss.
Give me your hand.

#9 – this one is so well-known you only get one line :)

Cow is giving kerosene, kid can’t read at seventeen

#10 – hehe

chicken in the bread pan picking out dough
Granny does your dog bite no-child-no

#11 – Bonus! Several choices for singers here – oddly, I’ve liked them all about the same

The day she died the neighbors
came to snicker:
"Well, thats what comes
from to much pills and liquor."

9 comments:

Gord said...

Ok, well I defiitely don't pass. Only got that the title is a Neil Diamond reference and #1 is "Heaven" by Bryan Adams. #10 I know is a staple at many sporting events but do you think I can remember the name??? DOH! GOT IT! Cotton-eyed Joe.

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

#10 is Devil Went Down to Georgia, isn't it? And #3 has kind of a Don Henley feel to it... #2 I can hear the lead singer's voice but can't get anything else... these are maddening brainteasers, Overread!

Stewgad said...

#7 is one of my all time favorite songs ever -- Yaz, In My Room. I think is the title... but if I'm wrong about the title, here's some extra lyrics:

The Walls are White and in the Night,
The Room is Lit by Elec-Tric-Light (Crash...) Which is, without a doubt, one of the best uses of electronic synthesizer ever.

#2- I'm just guessing -- Heart? Nothing's Going to Stop us Now? "We can build these dreams together, stand (in store?) forever, nothing's gonna stop us now, and if this world runs out of lovers, we'll still have each other, nothing's gonna stop us now..."

Well, now I've got that awful song in my head. Thanks. I better go listen to some Yaz.

Phantom Scribbler said...

I've got nothing, I'm just googling and wincing every time I find that it was a song I should know...

mendi-la said...

well #2 is by starship

#10 - i thought this was john denver - thank god im a country boy

i'm having a bad day...

jayfish said...

sorry, the only one i know for sure is
#8 Woman's Work - Kate Bush

grrr #3 seems so familiar.
i'll continue to think...

Overread said...

Yea! I've flumuxed some of you! Well, that is rather cruel, but you guys tore the quiz apart so quickly yesterday, so I had to... :)

Gord called the title - indeed it's Neil Diamond and #1 is indeed Mr. Adam's 'Heaven.'

P/H got #10 though, it's 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia' and P/H should trust those feelings about #3

Stewgad gets extra points for loving a song that I love so much. Yea Yaz! She's also got the title of #2, but the artist is a bit off. :)

PS - hehe - now you know why I give the quizzes instead of taking them :)

Mendi-la gets the artist for #2 - it's Starship indeed!

And Jayfish gets another of my faves. I was in love with Kate Bush, but I think just about everyone was. One of the best movie moments is in She's Having A Baby, when this song is playing. Oh, the tears... Oh, and keep thinking, Jayfish, if you google, you'll wince when you find out what it is too :)

Horray for kick ass quizzers!

luckybuzz said...

OK, I can only lurk so long when there are lyric quizzes that include Meatloaf (#5, "2 out of 3 ain't bad"--it's a bumper pool basement staple)and the Dead (#9, Touch of Grey). #4 seems to be taunting me though....

Camera Obscura said...

#3 I could hear the music, but not the voice, and guessed wrong. Decided to check by Googling before I posted. Good thing. I won't spoil it.