Friday, October 21, 2005

Where are the Burning Bras?

Only one missed yesterday, and I’m sad to say it with all the kick-ass female bloggers out there, that the missed tune was Nancy Sinatra’s These Boots are Made For Walking! Alas! Alack! and Tsk tsk tsk! :)

Oh, my… I changed stations today, so there might be a couple odd tunes tonight!

#1

And Harry doesn’t mind if he doesn’t make the scene
He’s got a daytime job he’s doing alright
He can play honky tonk just like anything
Saving it up for Friday night

#2

Beauty I’d always missed
With these eyes before
Just what the truth is
I can’t say anymore.

#3

Now being without you
Takes a lot of getting used to
Should learn to live with it
But I don’t want to

#4

But what’s confusing you
Is just the nature of my game
Just as every cop is a criminal
And all the sinners saints

#5

Lie to me
I promise I’ll believe
Lie to me
But please don’t leave

#6 - Just 'cause it fits so well with #5 :)

Do me wrong, do me right,
Tell me lies but hold me tight,
Save your goodbyes for the morning light

#7

I love the colorful clothes she wears
And the way the sunlight plays upon her hair
I hear the sound of a gentle word
On the wind that lifts her perfume through the air

#8 – bonus if you know the songwriter

Seems the more I gave the less I got.
What's the use in tryin'?
All you get is pain.
When I needed sunshine I got rain.

#9

Skip the air strip to the sunset
Ride the arrow to the target-one
Take it hip to hip rock it through the wilderness
Around the world the trip begins with a kiss

#10

City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder
And I had a feeling that I belonged
And I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone

Bonus wackiness!

Though I respect that a lot
I’d be fired if that were my job
After killing Jason off and countless screaming Argonauts

Oh, jeeze I’m useless – This one just came on and I have to add it in….

This is a place where eternally
Fire is applied to the body
Teeth are extruded and bones are ground
Then baked into cakes which are passed around.

8 comments:

Susanne said...

I was just thinking this morning that Jessica Simpson's version of 'These Boots are made for walking' has set feminism back about 30 years. Sigh.

Suzanne said...

#3: Hard Habit to Break by Chicago

#8 I'm a Believer, performed by the Monkees and written by Neil Diamond.

#9: Roam by the B52s

#10 Fast Car by Tracy Chapman

New Kid on the Hallway said...

Darn, suzanne got most the ones I know! #1 is on the tip of my tongue but I can't remember, curses. (Wait - Elton John, "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting"? That could be completely wrong...) #5 is "Are You Strong Enough to Be My Man" by Sheryl Crow, and #6 is "Don't Let Me Be Lonely Tonight" by James Taylor (not sure if that title's exactly right). And the bonus wackiness is something by the Bare Naked Ladies, I think?

The last one is very creepy, whatever the song is!

Unknown said...

#3 is a Chicago song, can't remember the title. The bonus is They Might Be Giants, "Women and Men"? Man I'm bad at titles. That's all I got.

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Oh, I have to know what the last one is! That's hilarious.

luckybuzz said...

#1 is Dire Straits, "Sultans of Swing"; #4 is the Stones, "Sympathy for the Devil". Don't know the last one, but that's a great lyric...

Steph Youstra said...

2. nights in white satin - moody blues
3. hard to habit to break - chicago
4. sympathy for the devil - stones
10. fast car - tracy chapman
Bonus: birdhouse in your soul - they might be giants

Jane Dark said...

That last one is by Squirrel Nut Zipper, and if I recall correctly, it's just called Hell. Great song, great band.