Monday, November 14, 2005

Kung Pao Kwiz

Let’s hear it for the return of the lyrics quiz! I’m happy to hear that you guys like it :)

So, pretty well done this morning…

Let’s see, Jeffersons – check

Allison gets bonus points for the word ‘dictatresses.’ I’m going to use that word every day for the rest of my life…

oh, the one nit I’ll pick – The title is Space Oddity, not Major Tom. Hehee cruelty! I love it!

On to bigger and better things!

And more exclamation points!

!

#1 –

I could put my arms around every boy I see
But they'd only remind me of you

#2 –

Tell me did you sail across the sun
Did you make it to the milky way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated

#3 –

It’s obvious you hate me
Though I’ve done nothing wrong

#4 –

Never say hello to you
Until you get it on the red line overload

#5 –

Show me how you do it
And I promise you
I promise that I’ll run away with you

#6 – tough one… but a cool song

See the lights of a neighbor’s house
Now she’s starting to rise
Take a minute to concentrate
And she opens up her eyes

#7 –

It's tough to handle
This fortune and fame
Everybody's so different
I haven't changed

#8 –

Oh ... sweetness, sweetness, I was only joking
When I said by rights you should be
Bludgeoned in your bed

#9 –

We’ve known each other for so long
Your heart’s been aching, but you’re too shy to say it

#10 –

Darlin' don't say a word
'cos I already heard
What your body's saying to mine

#11 – horrifically hard!

Through early morning fog I see
visions of the things to be
the pains that are withheld for me
I realize and I can see...

Bonus! –

When I was younger, just a bad little kid
My mama noticed funny things I did
Like shooting puppies with a B.B. gun
I'd poison guppies and when I was done
I'd find a pussycat and bash in its head

9 comments:

jayfish said...

#1 Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O'Connor
#5 Just Like Heaven - the Cure

yay!

zerodoll said...

#2 Train- Drops of Jupiter
#8 The Smiths- Bigmouth Strikes Again
#10 is frightening me, something by the Pointer Sisters?

Unknown said...

Yay! I know one. #6 is "And She Was" Talking Heads. Got nothing else. Shoot.

luckybuzz said...

#7, "Life's been good" (is that the title?), Joe Walsh
#10, "Slow Hand," Pointer sisters? (somehow nothing about that seems right)

Oy. A poor showing. And I hang my head in shame over the Space Oddity debacle.

mc said...

#1 Nothing Compares 2U - Sinead O'Connor
#2 I have no idea the name of this song or the band, but it's on the radio All. The. Time. and it drives me crazy.
#3 ?? either The Smiths or solo Morrissey
#8 The Smiths
#11 - The dentist's song from Little Shop of Horrors

zerodoll said...

#3 Depeche Mode- People Are People

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Wow - this is the first quiz where I can't get A. Single. Tune. Yowza!

Camera Obscura said...

Just Googled #9 b/c it wouldn't come out of long-term storage. Heh.

Oh, I see my codeine-induced Little Shop hallucination finally got to you.

SuzanH said...

1) Nothing Compares 2U
2)
3) People are people
4)
5) Just Like Heaven
6)
7) Life’s Been Good to Me So Far
8) That Smith’s Song—Now I know how Joan of Arc Felt!


That's all I've got.

Great quizz, though!