Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A Quiz in Wolf's Clothing

Whew – The day is flying by. Too much to do and not enough time. No time for real blogging – there’s only time for quizzing! This’ll post early cause I’ve got a whole cartload of things I need to do tonight. Enjoy!

Tricky Tricky Overread… hehe

#4 – Think Top Gun, folks! You’re on the Highway to the Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins. (note: It’s not next door to the Discovery Zone. They’re two very different places.)

#9 – Never Going To Give You Up by Rick Astley

Ah, and the impossible one – #11 - The lyrics to M*A*S*H, Suicide is Painless – Bwahaha!

But, Camera Obscura did plant the seed for the Little Shop one. Get it? "Plant the seed?" OH my! I'm a funny funny man.

New Quizland!

#1 –

See the people walking down the street
Fall in line just watching all their feet
They don't know where they wanna go
But they're walking in time

#2 –

You've got style, that's what all the girls say
Satin sheets and luxuries so fine
All your suits are custom made in London
But I've got something that you'll really like

#3 –

I could see it was a rough-cut Tuesday
Slow-motion weekdays stare me down

#4 –

I want to breathe in the open wind
I want to kiss like lovers do

#5 –

I see you, you see me
Watch you blowin' the lines
When you're making a scene

#6 –

Since you've gone I been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face

#7 –

I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules
Dealing with fools
I can cheat you blind

#8 –

So many people have come and gone
Their faces fade as the years go by
Yet I still recall as I wander on
as clear as the sun in the summer sky

#9 –

Spider Murphy played the tenor saxophone,
Little Joe was blowin' on the slide trombone.

#10 –

Sail away with me to another world
And we rely on each other, ah-ah
From one lover to another, ah-ah

#11 – Artist, Song Title, and TV Show. Bonus points for the two lead actors’ names.

They will tell you you can't sleep alone
In a strange place
Then they'll tell you you can't sleep
With somebody else

Bonus! – Ah, what a crappy show, but I know somebody out there has got to have seen it!

Bullets are exploding, they'll soon be at the door,
Give something to America you never gave before.
…
If the President were standing here, I'm sure he would approve.
I'll be a mighty soldier before this night is through.

8 comments:

jayfish said...

#4 Freeze Frame - J. Geils Band
#11 It's My Life - Billy Joel, Bosom Buddies, Tom Hanks, Peter Scalara?

zerodoll said...

#2 Madonna- Dress You Up

#7 Alan Parsons Project- Eye in the Sky (I was waiting for this one to show up in the quiz!)

#10 Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers- Islands in the Stream (oh, I am so embarassed, no looking at my ipod!)

jayfish said...

whoops!

i meant #3, not #4 and i think it's scalari instead of scalara

Steph Youstra said...

2. ??? ~ Madonna
4. Here Comes the Rain Again ~ ???
5. [makes me think of Barney!]
6. Every Little Thing (She Does is Magic) ~ Police
7. [I can sing it]
11. My Life ~ Billy Joel; TV-???

Suzanne said...

Oh, I knew so many of these!

#1 We Got the Beat by the Go-Go's.
#5 Private Eyes by Hall and Oates.
#6 is by the Police, but I think it's Every Breath You Take.

luckybuzz said...

#3--"Freeze Frame," J Geils Band
#4--"Here comes the rain again," Eurythmics (good lord, why was that so hard to spell???)
#6--"Every Breath you take," The Police
#7--"Eye in the Sky," Alan Parsons Project
#8--"More than a feeling," Boston (yet one more bumper-pool-basement staple)
#9--is that Jailhouse Rock?
#10--Islands in the Stream--Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton???
#11--My Life--Billy Joel (is it from Bosom Buddies? If not, why can I not stop thinking of Tom Hanks?)

Okay, I just went and looked above...dammit, jayfish beat me AGAIN! :)

Overread said...

I'm not sure you keep thinking of Tom Hanks. Maybe you need to talk to someone about that. :)

jayfish said...

fine! since no one else will say it, the bonus is
"let's do it for our country" from grease 2. i
have no idea who sings it though.