Sunday, May 22, 2005

Willkommen Bienvenue, welcome!

Ok, it's just never a good idea for me to have a TV anywhere near my bed. Last night when I got home, I turned on the tube to catch what the perfectly plastic people thought made the news that day. That's never the problem. It's after I get sick of hearing about the news that ain't news (Shiavo, Micheal Jackson, Gay Teletubbies, Paris Hilton...), I usually click around a bit.

I'm a geek, so I linger on the E3 coverage a little bit. PS3 looks like it ought to do well. Looks like the Xbox 360 got off on a really bad start. Nintendo had some odd things out there, but they’ll be ok - there are always people who want cute. I've never been able to get behind any of the platforms. I've never even owned one, but it's fun to watch them fight it out.

What's truly dangerous is that, in a past life, I was also an actor. I did musical theatre too. And, on HBO, for some reason, they were showing Cabaret.

Damn them all.

Is it wrong for someone who is nominally an adult to be singing showtunes along with the TV at one in the morning when he hadn't been drinking? Maybe that's my problem. I just need to drink more. Then my behavior would be more socially acceptable. In any case, it’s a great flick, and very, very sing-a-longable. I tried to do a little work while I watched, but when the songs would vamp up, I had no choice but to break out. I hope my housemates were asleep.

Anyway, after that was over, I finally went to sleep with visions of Sally Bowles in my head (not a good way to try to sleep). When I woke up, I again made the mistake of flipping around a bit before heading job #3. NFL Europe. Oh, jeeze. I haven't seen a football game since the bowl games, and I really needed a shot of it. This stuff was hilarious. It was Berlin vs Hamburg, and there were more fumbles in the ten minutes that I watched than I can remember in a full NFL game last season. Ah... good times... Still, nice to see the armored meatheads smash into each other.

The upshot of all of this is that Television sapped yet more time out of my life. Well, it was more my own laziness, but I'm going to blame it on TV. I've thought about trying to go without, but my brother made the leap to the land of no television, and then he gave up caffeine and sugar. He started eating healthier is generally a better person for it. I would hate for that to happen to me.

Ok off to the job for real!

No comments: