Sunday, November 27, 2005

Ok, I admit that Lawyers in Love has nothing to do with Thanksgiving, but it came to me in a flash this weekend and I just had to include it.

Other hits:
#4 – Thanks for the Memories, Sinatra (et al)
#6 – Eat It, Weird Al

Alrighty then – here comes the new hotness:

#1 –
A love like ours is love that’s hard to find
How could we let it slip away
We’ve come too far to leave it all behind
How could we end it all this way

#2 –
There ain’t no doubt it no ones mind
That loves the finest thing around
Whisper something warm and kind
And hey babe the sky’s on fire, I’m dyin’

#3 –
I am yours, you are mine
You are what you are

#4 –
'Cause you came and you took control
You touched my very soul
You always showed me that
Loving you is where it's at

#5 –
He’s got such a supple wrist.

#6 –
A million lights are dancing
And there you are
A shooting star
An everlasting world
And you're here with me
Eternally

#7 –
It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance
It's the dream afraid of waking
that never takes the chance

#8 –
There’s nobody here
It’s just you and me
It’s where I wanna be
But I hardly know this beauty by my side

#9 –
Saving nickels saving dimes
Working til the sun don't shine
Looking forward to happier times

#10 –
So fill me up to the top
don't you stop till I'm over-flowing

#11 – Guaranteed a tear-fest. Oh, yeah Jayfish – you aren’t allowed to answer this one
Through the summer and the fall
we had each other that was all
just she and I together
like it was meant to be
and when she was lonely
I was there to comfort her
and I knew that she loved me

Bonus!
Every streetlamp
Seems to beat a fatalistic warning
Someone mutters
And the streetlamp gutters
And soon it will be morning



Hehe – feels good to be back :)

7 comments:

luckybuzz said...

See? This is why it's good for me to stay up drinking longer than necessary. Because yay!--I so missed the quiz! :)

#1--I'm singing this to myself, but I can't think of what it is. Damn my wine-soaked brain!
#3--"Suite Judy Blue Eyes," CSNY
#5--"Pinball Wizard," The Who
#7--"The Rose," um....Bette Midler?
#8--"The Lady in Red," Chris DeBurgh? That seems completely wrong...

Suzanne said...

Hmm. Not too many bells being rung in my memory here.

#1: If You Leave Me Now by Chicago

Bonus: Memory from Cats

jayfish said...

jeez! i don't know *any* of these...and i'm late!

Phantom Scribbler said...

Damn. Late again. #3 and #7 were the only ones I knew.

Camera Obscura said...

#2 -- Carolina in My Mind: James Taylor

#4 -- You Made Me So Very Happy: Blood, Sweat, and Tears is the version in my head.

I googled 6 & 9 b/c I recognized the lyrics but couldn't stick a tune with 'em. Oof, I dunno if anybody will get #6!

mendi-la said...

Ha - I know #11, well kinda, I think, - When She Loved Me by Sarah McLachlin(sp) [Randy Newman] from Toy Story 2

allison said...

#9 is Blue Bayou by Linda Ronstadt