Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Quiz. James Quiz.

Camera Obscura, as far as I can tell, out in the heartland or anywhere else, it’s all Clear Channel. I don’t know if there really are actual radio stations anymore. They’re all just little boxes that repeat the correct tunes that have been approved by the marketing gods.

Ick.

That being said, I would mind hearing some music from Depeche Modecq. I think that’d be keen. :)

Misses from yesterday:

Suzanne was right, # was Erasure, the song is called Ship of Fools – good tune.

Only other miss was #4, Alkaline Trio’s Heaven – it’s another good tune, go check it out :)

Ok, we’re going into rare territory tonight, I’ve been looking into new stations, so who knows what’ll come up. Well, I guess it’s not that surprising – I’m pretty predictable, really…

#1 –

I won't be held responsible
She fell in love in the first place

#2 –

I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

#3 –

Hangin' round downtown by myself
And I had too much caffeine
And I was thinkin' 'bout myself
And then there she was
In platform double suede

#4 –

She's blood, flesh and bone
No tucks or silicone
She's touch, smell, sight, taste and sound

#5 –

We laugh just a little too loud
We stand just a little too close
We stare just a little too long

#6 –

You say I only hear what I want to.
You say I talk so all the time so.

#7 –

Though I’m far away
I’ll whisper your name into the sky
And I will wake up happy

#8 –

A man walks down the street
It’s a street in a strange world
Maybe it’s the third world
Maybe it’s his first time around

#9 –

You got it down and you’re well
On the way to the top
But there’s something that you forgot

#10 –

If that honey would come back
We would throw such a party
Drink and cook the prodigal son
Fondue forks for everybody

#11 –

Some girls, they like candy, and others, they like to grind,
I’ll settle for the back of your hand somewhere on my behind.

7 comments:

zerodoll said...

#2 The Verve Pipe (or was it just the Verve???)- Freshmen
#3 Marcy Playground- Sex and Can-dy
#8 Paul Simon- You Can Call Me Al

jayfish said...

grrr. zerodoll and her trigger fingers...

#2 Losing My Religion - R.E.M.
#6 Stay - Lisa Loeb & the Nine Stories

yay! for the quiz!

jayfish said...

let's see how many people think heaven (from your last quiz) is *really* by the psychedelic furs...

:) just being picky. hehe.

knightjorge said...

#5 let's give 'em something to talk about - bonnie raitt
#10 is something by They Might Be Giants, I just can't think of which song it is.

So many of these songs sound so familiar to me but I just can't think of what they are. Grrr! I'm going to have to google all of them or it'll drive me nuts.

zerodoll said...

oops- #1 is the Verve Pipe, NOT #2; typing while sleepy...

Camera Obscura said...

#4 -- "She's So High Above Me" Depeche Mode(cq)

#7 -- "As I Lay Me Down" Sophie B Hawkins

#9 -- "What About Love" Heart

mendi-la said...

well, everyone got the ones i knew

is #11 a madonna song?